BALASORE: At least 30 school students fell ill after eating ‘prasad‘ in gram panchayat in Baripada block of .

The students in the age group of 5-10 years fell ill after consuming the prasad during the Saraswati Puja celebrations in the school on Sunday.

Parida, block education officer, said, “Out of 110 students of the school, 30 children started vomiting after taking prasad made of flattened rice, banana and jaggery.”

The students were taken to Krushnachadrapur government hospital. Of them, 22 students were shifted to Pandit Raghunath Murmu Medical College and Hospital at Baripada on Monday after their condition became critical.

Hospital sources said, “All of them are out of danger. They are suffering from food poisoning.”

Meanwhile, a medical team has been sent to the village to examine other students who had taken the prasad.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here